Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from The World Almanac For Kids directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the The World Almanac for Kids Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between The World Almanac for Kids and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed our resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within The World Almanac for Kids.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed The World Almanac for Kids records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the The World Almanac For Kids Canvas Plugin
After you have installed The World Almanac for Kids product app, The World Almanac for Kids resources can be embedded using The World Almanac for Kids icon button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will display the icon(s).
- Click on The World Almanac for Kids icon button in the editor menu to launch a the application.
After you click on this button, the embed content window will appear with the The World Almanac for Kids search box.
- Choose a record type.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers two functions.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record, click on the Embed button.
- You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource.
The embedded record will then be visible.